This is a course to reduce the time spend on your restricted licence.
It is not a recommended course for Court Order or
Police Prosecutions requirements. See our Driver Retraining Course if you require this.
Booking is essential. Limited to 16 students per class.
Pricing includes Street Talk Log Book and Certificate on completion of course
St John Driving Academy provides this course under the brand name of “Street Talk" defensive driving course
The course is designed to develop the skills and attitudes of young drivers and provide a six month reduction in the time spent on a Restricted licence.
Along with a practical coaching / assessment session as part of the course, passing the Full licence test will be greatly enhanced
The courses provide theory of 8 hours (in four 2 hour evening sessions twice a week running from 6.45pm to 8.45pm) plus a 1 hour practical drive. The “one-on-one” coaching / assessment practical drive is by appointment between 8.30am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Your tutors are full time Driver Trainers, experienced NZTA approved Driving Instructors & “Street Talk” defensive driving course approved facilitators, as well as St John Ambulance Driver Trainers and Assessors.
- Highly recommended a RESTRICTED licence has been held for at least 4 months for this course, to get the most out of the course.
- All sessions must be attended and all activities completed to obtain a pass – there are absolutely no exceptions to this.
- Full payment of the course fee is to be made by the start of the course unless prior arrangement has been made.
If you have any questions please phone us on 0800 D R I V I N G (0800 374 846)
PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR REGISTRATION IS A MUST! See above please fill out all fields
NOTE: Classroom limited to 16 students.
Here are just a few feedbacks from previous students after completing the Street Talk defensive driving course.
- learning about the hazards and what they were and what I can do about them
- getting to listen to experiences
- learning about hazards. Recognition of bad habits and working to change them.
- the last lesson, learning about sitting the full licence test
- Gap selection, what if's, hazard awareness, risky behaviours
- Emotional aspect of driving, being aware of the risks
- Making goals for myself, reflecting on my own driving